16.1.13

but you're bringing me down.. (plenty of photos)


















..that's a lie, New York isn't really bringing me down.. the fact that I am not in New York is bringing me down! My five day trip was beautiful, exciting but also exhausting, trying to cram as much as this city has to offer into a tiny space of time. I loved being able to shop late at night, Times Square is the most fascinating place I have ever been and don't get me started on the MAC on 5th Avenue... SoHo is also a great place, as well as Williamsburg and, surprisingly, I really enjoyed the craziness of Canal Street. And America is so cheap compared to the UK, American Apparel went from over-prized to reasonable and some people on my course even found an AA outlet store, in which they managed to hunt down some disco pants for the equivilant of £20, as opposed to the £70+ you pay here!
And, seeing as you're only in New York once (hopefully more over time though...) I managed to snap up a super beautiful, rose-gold Marc by Marc Jacobs watch at Bloomingdale's which I refuse to take off, other than for showering - I even sleep with it on. Also, I may or may not have completely replaced all my rubbish, cheap make-up with MAC whilst I was out there...
Speaking of jet-setting, I'm going home to see my family again next week for a few days, as I am lucky enough to have a two week reading week to 'celebrate' the end of my first half-year at university. I was welcomed back from NYC by a massive pile of work including a report/mini magazine, which I am putting the final touches on. I'm also going to be buying a MacBook towards the end of the week (hopefully), which I am really excited about it - turning into such an Apple addict...
Wish me luck that I get all this work finito!
xoxo

ps. put money down on a house for second year today, aw 212.