9.3.13

TRIFTY




hola!
let's go thrift shopping.. before it was cool.
as you all know I'm a student, and being a student means I'm poor. you also know I study fashion, so I observe people's clothes and style 24/7. over the past few months I have got mega bored of topshop, h&m and even, zara, who I've been so loyal to! I go into topshop and struggle to find anything that I haven't seen on a gazillion other girls before (geek tops, oh wow). I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I just don't see the point in everyone looking the same. since starting uni, iIve already noticed I've developed more of a personal style. I know what kinda thing I would wear and what I wouldn't. I got rid of a hell of a lot of clothes a few weeks ago, just because there's no chance of me ever wearing them. so, I hereby set myself a challenge: no more high street until i finish my first year of university (around the 24th of may). now there are some exceptions to this: one being work shoes i.e. black brogues which i normally buy from new look, plain black tights etc, and specific items/wardrobe staples, i.e. if I want a midi skirt and none of the vintage stores have one i want, I will go and buy one from topshop or wherever. obviously, I will still be shopping on the high street in terms of make up, beauty etc. 
I'm really looking forward to this. I'm excited to get to know an area of nottingham I don't know as much as I wish I did. also, if I can't get away with wearing shell suit jackets and tie dye tees from vintage stores now, when will I ever be able to? 
to top this off, I have completely stopped using my straighteners! shock, horror. I used to be addicted to them but now i'm all about my crazy, lion hair and i'm embracing it. think I may be going through a 'quarter-life'  crisis.. 
I'll keep you posted on any vintage finds and things I've bought. bye topshop, ya dork.
xxxx


photo courtesy of weheartit